A tasty and super quick appetiser recipe…
Makes 20 skewers
- 20 Perino tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes are fine too), halved
- 20 fresh large basil leaves, halved
- 10 small balls of bocconcini, halved
- 20 toothpicks
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Using a toothpick, spear half a tomato, a piece of basil, 1/2 a bocconcini ball, and another piece of basil and half a tomato.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place on a serving dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For added flavour, create a dipping sauce, mixing 1/2 cup of olive oil with 4 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.