This is one bright and colourful salad! Recipe was inspired by Chantelle at Naked Cuisine! I will definitely be back on her blog creating more amazing recipes in the near future, they all look incredibly healthy and tasty!
For the original recipe click here! I made a few adjustments to the recipe and have posted this delicious recipe below…
Rainbow Superfood Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing
Serves 4 – 6
Ingredients for the Salad:
- Generous amount of mixed leafy greens – 8 cups or more
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- Nice sprinkle of sauerkraut (great probiotic rich food!)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1 green apple, sliced
- 2 passion fruits
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Handful of hemp seeds
- Handful of pumpkin seeds ( I used a pre-made mix of pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, nori seaweed, sunflower seeds – but feel free to use whatever type of seeds you like!)
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (I was feeling lazy tonight, so I used one from the shops. However, if you are avoiding dairy, click here for a dairy-free mayonnaise recipe you can make at home!)
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil, chopped finely
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper – generous sprinkle
- In a large bowl top greens with sliced capsicums, apple, pear and avocado. Cut passion fruits in half and sprinkle over the salad. Sprinkle with sauerkraut, hemp and pumpkin seeds.
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a jar, cover and shake until everything is combined.
- Pour over the salad just before serving and enjoy!