Prawn Arrabiata and Zucchini Spaghetti
Yet again another amazingly delicious easy, low calorie meal that can be whipped up fast!
- 2 large green zucchinis, sliced with a peeler into thin strips
- 300g raw peeled king prawns (I used garlic prawns peeled from the local supermarket)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tinned tomatoes/passata sauce
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan to serve! Or you may leave this out if you prefer a dairy free version!
- Freshly chopped basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Peel (using a vegetable peeler) the zucchinis into long thin strips. Set aside.
- Heat a dollop of coconut oil on the frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns and fry for 2 minutes. Place aside in a bowl.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the olive oil to the frying pan. Add the diced onion and diced capsicum. Saute for about 3 minutes, until lightly brown and soft.
- Add the salt, chilli flakes and garlic. Stir through. Pour in the tomatoes and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes over medium heat. If the tomatoes dry up, add a little splash of water.
- Now add back in the prawns and zucchini “noodles”. Stir together for a couple of minutes, until it is heated through and softened slightly. Be careful not to leave it too long as the zucchini will turn soggy.
- Serve in bowls with some grated parmesan cheese and enjoy 🙂
Love Kate xx