This recipe was taken from Nigella Lawson’s book ‘Nigellisima’ and was absolutely delish!
Recipe found here and below..
Serves 6 – 8, as a side dish
- 600g trimmed green beans, cut in half
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 3 x 15mL tbsp shelled pistachios
- 3 x 15mL tbsp grated Parmesan – this can be omitted if you prefer to have this dish dairy free, but I can’t guarantee it’ll taste as good 😉
- Leaves from a small bunch of basil (20g approx)
- 3 x 15mL tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- Put green beans in a pan of boiling water, add salt when it starts to boil – Leave for approx 4 minutes.
- Pesto: Place the following ingredients in a blender: pistachios, Parmesan, basil, oil, minced garlic 1/2 – 1 clove (depending how garlicky you like it!)
- Blitz into a thick, green paste.
- Take 2 – 3 tbsp of water from the green bean dish and add this into the pesto mixture. Blend again.
- Drain the beans, mix with the pesto in a bowl, then serve!