Easy, simple and tasty!
This recipe was inspired by Kayla Itsines.
Recipe below serves 1, however, I created the salad in the photo for 4 servings so it’s quite a bit larger 😉
- 100g raw chicken breast
- 30g quinoa, uncooked
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, chopped
- 30g walnuts
- 1 handful of rocket leaves
- 10 mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Soak quinoa overnight if possible, otherwise for a long as you can. 10 minutes is better than nothing! Once soaked, rinse and drain the liquid. Bring the quinoa to the boil, ensure that there is plenty of water covering the quinoa as it will soak some of it up. Boil for 15 minutes. Drain the liquid and set aside to cool.
- Cut the chicken into smaller bite sized pieces and cook on fry pan using coconut oil for approx 10 minutes, until browned all over.
- Prepare the salad ingredients in a bowl (rocket leaves, mint leaves, walnuts, cucumber, spring onion, tomato).
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Place the chicken and quinoa on the salad. Pour over the dressing. Give the salad a nice toss, then serve and enjoy!