Do you wish you had a flat stomach? Tried and tested the latest fad diets and still having difficulties losing that excess fat around the waistline? Then let’s get started!
Firstly, what causes stomach fat?
There are 2 main hormones that play a HUGE role in stomach fat – cortisol and insulin. When both of these hormones are high for long periods of time, our body will begin to store fat.
So what’s the answer to burning the fat?
Balancing these hormones – Cortisol and Insulin – simultaneously!
Here’s my 6 top tricks and tips to getting a flat stomach!
- Stay motivated and consistent – To burn the fat, motivation and consistency are of prime importance! We give up too easily and give into our cravings and before long we wonder why we haven’t achieved our goals (my life story!). Plan your meals and exercises for the week, this will help you stay on track! I personally believe a flat tummy is 70% diet and 30% exercise. If you can stick to a healthy and well balanced meal plan and do some form of exercise 30 minutes a day, you are well and truly on your way to a flatter stomach! But don’t expect miracles overnight, it takes time, so motivation and consistency are vital!
- Heal your gut – Am I bloated? Is this excess fat? Unsure? Food intolerances and allergies will impact your body’s ability to digest food and burn fat effectively. Ensure you are aware of any intolerances and stay away from foods that your body isn’t a fan of. An amazing way to heal your gut is by eating probiotic rich foods such as sauerkraut and/or taking a good probiotic supplement.
- Reduce your sugar intake – Sugar increases insulin which is a major factor in excess stomach fat. Be aware of how much sugar is in the foods you are consuming. Stay away from packaged and processed foods high in sugar.
- Eat protein and fat for breakfast – If your breakfast is high in sugar, you may find yourself having more sugar highs and lows over the day, leading to mood disturbances, cravings, brain fog and exhaustion. Doesn’t sound too crash hot to me! So to avoid this, eat a healthy breakfast! An example of a breakfast rich in protein and fat is 2 eggs, 1/4 avocado with 1- 2 cups of vegetables of your choice (tomatoes, mushrooms).
- Get your heart rate pumping – This will increase your metabolism and burn fat. Give high intensity interval training (HIIT) a go. Incorporate cardio and weights into your sessions. On your days off go for a nice walk or try yoga or pilates. Remember, over training leads to high cortisol levels, and high cortisol levels may stop the body from burning fat. Speak with a qualified personal trainer to work out the best types of workouts for you. Remember to exercise when you have the energy and if you are exhausted, listen to your body and rest.
- And lastly, chill out and get adequate sleep – What relaxes you? Do more of that! 10 -15 minutes a day of zen time is important in our fast-paced world to keep those cortisol levels down! The best time to fall asleep is by 10pm and try to get about 7- 8 hours of as much uninterrupted sleep as you can each night.
Whilst following the above guidelines to reduce your belly fat, don’t forget how amazing and beautiful you are just the way you are TODAY! Self love is of upmost importance! The beauty of your heart triumphs anything else.
Disclaimer: The Principal author provides the Site and any services, information, opinions, content, references and links to other knowledge resources for informational purposes only. The Author does not provide any medical advice on the Site. Nothing contained in the Site is intended to establish a physician-patient relationship, to replace the services of a trained physician or health care professional, or otherwise to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.