We’re always searching for new snack ideas, so here are 8 quick recipes approved by a Nutritionist!
8 Simple, Easy and Healthy Snack Recipes you can make at home!
- 1 Avocado cut into cube sized pieces with a drizzle of fresh lime juice, sprinkle of sea salt & slivered almonds. This is DELICIOUS! Salt is currently a hotly debated topic! Additional salt is added into so many processed and packaged foods. These are best avoided at all costs. Stay clear of table salt. This salt is made in factories and other chemicals are added. You want to choose natural sea salt. It is higher in minerals than table salt. Celtic Sea Salt is one of the best ones available!
- 1 carrot or cucumber chopped into sticks, then dipped in almond butter or hummus dip – For a healthy hummus dip recipe click HERE!
- Popcorn with sea salt and dulse flakes – Dulse flakes are full of valuable minerals such as iodine, iron and potassium. Iodine is particularly important for the thyroid gland to function optimally. Ensure you are getting enough of this mineral into your diet! But we wary, if you already have a thyroid issue, too much iodine can have negative effects. Listen to your own unique body to see what is best for you!
- A piece of fruit and a small handful of nuts. E.g. 1 green apple with 5 almonds.
- Chop a boiled egg, 1 tomato and 1/2 avocado into cubed sized pieces. Then sprinkle with sea salt and freshly squeezed lemon juice. To reduce preparation time, have the eggs pre-boiled.
- 1 banana chopped with 2 tbsp greek yoghurt, a sprinkle of ground cinnamon powder, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and a drop of liquid stevia (if you prefer extra sweetness). Mix together in a bowl and serve!
- ½ avocado with 1 tbs or 2 of fermented vegetables on top! Fermented vegetables are full of healthy bacteria that our gut needs to digest food and function well!
- Herbal tea with some dark chocolate – Yes you will be impressed by how satisfying and filling a little bit of chocolate can be due to its fat content. Dark chocolate is also extremely rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are compounds in food that ‘mop up’ free radicals that can harm our cells.
Planning snacks for the week is the best way to avoid craving and eating the wrong foods. Try boiling eggs at the beginning of the week and create some healthy dips at home! You can even chop up your vegetables a day or 2 earlier which makes these snacks ready to grab each day when you’re running out the door!